Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
lilfilly44
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone ever been viewing their camera and got a message that says they were disconnected because someone was logged on from another source?

6 REPLIES 6
manfredz
Hero
Hero

if you have your account set uponmo  re than one devise, such as  phone and computer, there's a good chance one automatically logged on while you were still usingthe  other

Umai
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, and there was NO other device logging in.  Very used getting bumped when my wife looks at camera or I have PC and phone in hand and accidentally view and kick myself off.  This was totally random, no other device/phone was logging in.  Today, I was disconnected and the message in the banner on top of the page on PC was in German!?  I'm not sure if it was a timed out message or another person logging in message because I don't read German.  I now change my password regularly.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I only occasionally (rarely?) get this. Because I have multiple devices that are used, it's possible one of the others, even though not foregrounded, might be causing this. It could also be a server side burped since it's the server that decides who is logged in from where.
lilfilly44
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am 100% certain that no one on any of MY devices is viewing and I havent given anyone else access. Its kinda creepy.

lilfilly44
Aspirant
Aspirant

I only have the app on one other device and that wasnt turned on. I use my fingerprint to log on as well..

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lilfilly44,

This most commonly occurs when you are logged in on another device at the same time you attempt to log in on a different device. Be sure you are logged out of other devices prior to logging in on a different device.

If you have any reason to believe someone may have access to your account without your permission, we encourage you to change your password.

JamesC