Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
RTTT265
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi 

Keep getting error, unablle to claim device.

Really need the device removed from original email account, even though im trying to reinstall on that account?

Cant email support@arlo.com as all my emails bounce back regardless of which email address I use.

Have factory reset base, and more than anything just need somone to reset account etc

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You also need to remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. If it's there, you can't claim it again.

RTTT265
Aspirant
Aspirant

All devices are removed from original account  

still get the cannot claim device etc

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @RTTT265

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

Vandie
Aspirant
Aspirant

MEMAC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. My cameras were used, they have been deleted from that account, but I am still unable to claim the device.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MEMAC

Have you tried to factory reset the base station and set the system up as new?

RTTT265
Aspirant
Aspirant

Made sure base and cameras were deleted form original account, made sure the app on phone was the same ie deleted everything and shut.

I had already reset my base station, but this time i unplugged it for like 3minutes.

Just powered it up, and this time did not get the could not claim error.

MEMAC
Aspirant
Aspirant
Narnia
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
I just bought a refurbished 5 camera system from you. When I use the app it finds the base station. But the error cannot claim comes up. I have reset the unit 3x and powered it down for 20 mins. Deleted the app and reinstalled and reset/power down and the same error.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

By "reset" do you mean power cycled or holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber?  If the latter, open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

tweewin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought 2 cameras "new open box" from retailer, and one of them has this same issue of "cannot claim". I have no idea how to resolve this error. I tried the reset button; it did not work. To my knowledge, no one added these cameras to their account. I'm not sure what I can do in this case. Anyone can please help me? Thanks!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You seem to be referring to Q cameras based on what you selected as the camera although this is the original wirefree section. I'll answer based on it being the Q - correct me if wrong.

Did you hold the reset button until the camera clicked and the LED flashed amber? It's not a brief press.  The "open box" doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't claimed. You can try opening a case with support to see if they will free it from the prvious user:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

tweewin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, sorry! I thought this thread was for the wired Arlo Q model. 

I ended up calling Arlo support and they were able to "unclaim" the camera for me to register under my account.

Very happy with how quickly I was able to get in touch on the phone with them! It all took less than 10 min to resolve over phone, and it was like 2am NY time! LOL