Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
maslen5
Star
Star
I cant turn the motion on/off, app samsung s5 , all i get is "getting status", i can get into settings but the app crashes everytime, latest firmware
12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try reinstalling the app and maybe a restart of the phone.  Does it still crash?  If not crashing, try logging out and back in.

maslen5
Star
Star
Tried all of that no good still
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the phone on the latest update?

maslen5
Star
Star
Yes phone is up to date
maslen5
Star
Star
Still can't get any email reply from netgear, shockly bad customer service!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

maslen5,

Are you only having this issue with the Arlo mobile app? Do you see this behavior when accessing from any other mobile devices? Do you get the error when accessing from a web browser on a PC?

JamesC

maslen5
Star
Star
Only on my phone samsung s5, work on wifes iphone ipad etc, now when it records video i dont get the number of recording next to the cameras but they are in the library!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a new version of the Android app - have you installed that? You can try uninstalling the current version and then install the latest. That will cause the app settings/cache to be totally reset which may help. 

The new app also gives you video counts for the cameras again.  The strategy is different now - it shows you how many new videos are present until you visit the library which resets the count.  Think of it as only a new video counter.

maslen5
Star
Star
Just did that still no good, on the mode screen all i get is "getting status"
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Got nothing more for you.  There's apparently some incompatibility. Do you have antivirus/spyware software installed?  Try removing it temporarily.  I'm using Malwarebytes and Lookout with no isses on an older tablet (Nexus 10 with 5.1.1). Maybe your phone OS is just too old...

maslen5
Star
Star
New phone Samsung 7, still the same problem, uninstall Antivirus still did not work
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

maslen5,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC