Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

can't sync camera to new base

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mpmiller
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought 2 four camera systems, gave 1 to my sister. I set mine up no problem. She set hers up also. She decided that 4 cameras were too many and gave me one. I opened the battery compartment for 20 minutes, tried to sync, it blinks orange after trying. I've repeated these steps with no luck.

Any way to sync a camera to a new base?

Thanks,

Mike

6 REPLIES 6
JohnR
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello mpmiller, 

First we need to make sure that the camera(s) are deactivaed on the first base station (if) it has previously been connected to by following the steps provided on the link below: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-remove-a-camera-from-my-Arlo-system/ta...

If this is done or if the camera has not been synced to its original base station, please try to sync it to your base station using the steps provided on this link: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-set-up-and-sync-my-Arlo-cameras/ta-p/9...

If you somehow experience the same issue, try rebooting the base station and sync the camera(s) again. 

I'll be waiting for your response.

Thanks, 

JohnR

Arlo Team 

Thanks,

JohnR
Netgear Community Team
RX
Guide
Guide

Before your sister has given you this one camera, did she already sync it to her Base Station? 

mpmiller
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera was synced to my sister's base, she has since deleted it. I've rebooted my base and tried to sync it with no luck. Will resetting the base work? if I do reset will all the cameras need to be resynced?

mpmiller
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera deleted from sister's account, base rebooted, batteries removed for several minutes, syncing attempted many times with no luck. Any more ideas?

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd guess you need to contact Netgear support directly to remove the camera from their databases.  I would think they track who has what hardware so a camera that was stolen can't be reused easily although I don't know that as fact.

JohnR
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello mpmiller, 

I Have sent you a PM. 

Thanks, 

JohnR

Arlo Team 

Thanks,

JohnR
Netgear Community Team