Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

cameras went off-line- but one by one and days apart- odd?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kitya2003
Follower
Follower

cameras have gone off line but days apart.  it was rather odd- especially since i was lulled into thinking they were working because i was still receiving email alerts.  I discovered everything was offline while seated on an airplane and moving away from the gate.  I have reasons to suspect a bit of foul play.  One camera went offline 12 days ago, the other two days ago, and the last only hours before i left the house for the airport.  Any thoughts on whether this is typical or cause for concern. 

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Hard to give an honset answer... based on your usage, setup, router, power, internet , etc...

Many things can cause systems to go down.  But can say before traveling I check the battereis to make sure they are 90% or better... I had a camera catch me off guard once.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kitya2003,

As suggested by TomMac, it could be that the cameras have dropped offline due to depleted batteries.

Remotely, you can attempt to reboot the base station to see if the cameras sync back up. This can be done by logging in to your Arlo account and navigating to Settings > My Devices > select your base station > Restart.

JamesC