Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cross-Recording Issues Again

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tocker30
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC I seem to be having some issues with cross recording again. I have re-built my rules slowly since the last time to make sure I can isloate the issue. It appears that the problem happens when 3 cameras are invloved. For example, if A detects motion, record B and C. Both B and C will record, but A will not. This is happening on two different cameras, each one when there are 3 total cameras involved. Any suggestions?

Also, can you provide me with the latest firmware for the cameras and the base station? I want to make sure I have not missed an update or something. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tocker30,

I have tested this using the exact description you gave above and was able to receive a recording for A, B, and C.

Does this always occur or is it an intermittent issue? Are you still seeing this behavior?

Current base firmware: 1.7.5_6178

Current camera firmware: 1.2.4941

JamesC

Tocker30
Apprentice
Apprentice

It seems to be intermittent and it is only with 2 cameras. When I deleted one of the rules to allow only 2 devices to work, I had no trouble. I have 3 modes that cycle throughout the day. It seems to be happening in only 2 modes, so I deleted all of the rules and re-set them to see if that will correct it. My firmware is all up to date. Is there a maximum number of rules a mode can accept? Perhaps that is an issue, or is there a maximum number of devices which can be triggered at the same time? I am

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tocker30,

I will escalate your question for more clarification (regarding any limitations with triggers or numbers of devices being simultaneously triggered) but I do not believe there is a limitation regarding this.

Did recreating the affected modes resolve the issue? I have been keeping a close eye on cross-recording and have not experienced any issues when testing.

JamesC

Tocker30
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hey @JamesC I just saw your response. Thank you for being will to escalate my question. I seem to still be having the issue intermittently specifically in the afternoon. It happened yesterday and again today when I came home from work.