Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

camera battery flap was opened during sync

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dazzflazz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just set my arlo back up after moving from uk to australia. 2 cameras have sync in and working fine but the 3rd and 4th camera battery flap was opened during sync. Silly mistake in know. Now i have no blue flashing light when i put batteries in.
Is there a repair for this to get the cameras working again ?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Opening the battery door during sync shouldn't be a problem. Opening it during a firmware update is a different story.

Is it possible the batteries are dead? Swap with a working camera to be sure. Verify that the batteries are properly inserted. Don't push them down - let the battery door do the pushing.

Dazzflazz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I posted earlier about my camera not working due to opening the battery door during firmware update.
also another post about one camera having a pink screen.
After searching the internet and asking arlo direct for a fix i was told that i needed new cameras. Anyway i dont. I have fixed them and all work fine.

Remove all screws and strip the camera down. You will see a ribbon joining the 2 halfs of the camera. Simply remove this and refit it. Then rebuild camera, sync back to the hub and wifi. Thats it !. The camera will turn on, update and sync.

Maybe arlo need to be more honest and tell people this is all u need to do and not spend hundreds on a new set up.