Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Refurbished ARLO Base Station VMB3000 was DISCOVERED this morning, not DISCOVERABLE NOW!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Needhelpplz
Luminary
Luminary

I am attempting to install an ARLO Wireless Security System(refurbished) in my home.  Unlike the same system installed several years ago in my parents' home with ease...this one is giving me fits!

I am installing on my HP Laptop with Windows 10 (do not have a Smartphone)... with the same configuration as my parent's ARLO setup. (Their's is working!).

The computer and router/base station/modem are on the same network..

I have green lights for Power and Internet on the Base Station...blue flashing lights on my Netgear Router and 4 Green Lights on my Motorola 3360 modem, with a 5th "Activity" light functioning perfectly.

This morning, I logged into my Arlo Account, chose "New to Arlo?" on the sign-in screen, and was able to choose "Arlo Wire-free", followed by the Set- up page and a screen confirming that MY BASE STATION WAS DISCOVERED (verified serial number on screen with sticker under base station).I agreed to Terms of Service,and was directed to "View Plans"... and then the ARLO Bird came on the screen with "Please Wait"... and the little bird just kept flying...for hours!

My email address was verified...and when I tried to retrace my steps back to the "View Plans" page....I could not.  I tried to log in again...base station not discoverable. I even tried to open up another Netgear Account...but the base station is still undiscoverable !

I do not believe that the Set-up is the issue...the same setup that allowed the base station to be discovered this morning still exists...although I DID try to unplug everything...and re-plug in case this was a connection problem.

I have screen prints of today's frustrating attempts to install ARLO #2...please help!

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Try a factory reset of the base

Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Try factory reset. Find a paper clip and stick it down the the little hole on base station.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think your issue was due to using the "New to Arlo?" selection. That would only be used if you didn't have an account. In any event, now remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Try the reset button, too, for completeness. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras. Verify that any updates that are noted are completed before going on to the next device.  Any luck?