Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
pegrick
Follower
Follower

Battery draining quickly. Have had them for several years, so have gone through the cold winters of Chicago. The batteries just started doing this in the last month or two. Camera is set to record for 30 seconds under power management. Recorded only 7 times and batttery is down to 23%. Was at 100% two days ago.  This is recent problem. I swapped with another location, same issue. What's going on???

5 REPLIES 5
Streak2
Master Master
Master

It's possible that the batteries are getting tired after several years, depending on how many charge/discharge cycles they have been through. 

Try and remove and replace the battery which will reset the camera , also restart the base.

See if that improve matters.

Kathora5
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issues with the batteries. I just recharged them and this is the third day, they are at 30% now 😖 Please help!
Arloton
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having same problem new cameras
And battery is 23% after 2 days
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure all firmware is up to date. Reboot the base and maybe open and close the battery doors. When inserting batteries, be sure to just lightly place them in the slots and don't push them down - let the battery door do the pushing.

Especially for those with new systems, the total time of recording and live viewing can easily drain the batteries. Spec life is for <5 minutes total per day.

Billsled
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have decided to not use batteries at all.

I 3D printed new battery doors for all of my cameras that are not  in wet/damp enviroments and close to an outlet so that I can plug them in via the micro USB port found under the battery door.