Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

another can't access system due to non recognition of email address

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
1akhunter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arrrgghhh already regretting this purchase.  I've spent over the 10 ninutes estimated setup time just trying to get an email from you folks due to your system not recognizing either of my email addresses.  Can you please help me? It seems with there being a dozen such postings you'd have this worked out by now to my way of thinking.

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

1akhunter,

At what point are you seeing an error message? Have you already set up an account and are trying to log in? Are you sure you're using the correct password? If you have forgotten your password you can click the "Forgot?" button on the login screen and enter the e-mail address you used to create the account to reset your password.

JamesC

1akhunter
Aspirant
Aspirant

James it's when I'm trying to connect via my Iphone, I downloaded Arlo and then it asks you to provide an email, when I do so, it says "not recognized email address"

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While I haven't run into this, is there a chance that you have non-standard, non-alpha-numeric characters in the email address?

1akhunter
Aspirant
Aspirant

no standard email address.   I find this pretty frustrating.  It wouldn't seem that it would be as tedious or as slow to fix this problem.  Feeling pretty frustrated about this purchase currently.

Is there no one I can actually speak to, to find a resolution to this issue?

Would kind of like to get the cameras hooked up and see if they actually work.   Appreciate it if you could message me a phone number or something instead of waiting a day for a response and the response not doing much to help with the issue at hand. 

It'd certainly be appreciated.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

1akhunter,

If you would like to speak to Arlo Support, click here for several contact options: Arlo Support Team

JamesC

1akhunter
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks, I'll try that when I can.  if you could provide days and times they're available, it'd be appreciated.

1akhunter
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I finally got phone support they were great.  This system won't work long term for my needs as it's to monitor a biz and even on motion detector setting it will burn batteries like crazy.   But think I may keep it and transfer it to home.  But I really appreciated talking to a live human and his excellent help in at least letting me see that the system does indeed work!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

1akhunter,

Great to hear! If you need additional help in the future, please ask the community!

JamesC