Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pink Hue/Tint

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Tats
Apprentice
Apprentice
One of my outdoor camera started displaying a pink tint. Was operating normally, then suddenly changed to pink. Batteries were not changed. Camera was not touched. I have several cameras outside and this is the only one doing it. Any ideas what is happening?
13 REPLIES 13
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager
Tats,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC
Tats
Apprentice
Apprentice

I think the problem with the discoloration may be the cold weather?  Up until this week, we had an unusually warm winter. Then the cold snap hit. One of my cameras this morning started with the pink/red tint.  I started the process with Netgear to return the camera. I brought the camera inside. About 10 minutes later the pink started to get lighter. I then took the batteries out and waited about an hour. I put the batteries back in and brought the camera outside, now the image is back to normal.  Not sure how long this will last, but I thought I would mention this in case it might help someone/Netgear troubleshoot the issue further.

gailike
Aspirant
Aspirant
My camera also had a pink hue.
gailike
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 5 cameras, this is the only that does this. I've taken batteries out, it is normal again, but only for a little while.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gailike,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

User23
Guide
Guide

I had a camera start displaying pink and I removed the batteries and sat it in a bag of rice to draw out moisture. A couple hours later with new batteries and no more problem.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

User23,

If you continue experiencing this issue please contact the Arlo Support Team. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. i would be happy to help.

JamesC

jkmail
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have contacted support on this pink hue a few weeks ago .they say to take batteries out and put back in. It does go away but comes back - it's a pain to keep doing this . I think I have a defective camera .
jkmail
Apprentice
Apprentice
And I keep getting this on support page : An error occurred while processing your request
jkmail
Apprentice
Apprentice

Featherbeard
Tutor
Tutor

Just had this happen to my outdoor camera as well. Everything has been working fine for a month or two and now all of a sudden it seems to be stuck in infrared mode even during the day (which is why we're seeing pink I'm assuming.) What's the deal?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This seems to be a common problem but not ubiquitous.  My speculation is that there's a mechanical motion to move a filter into place.  While not supported by Arlo, at least one person has reported a judicious tapping of the camera on various sides has apparently jogged the filter back into place.  Might be worth trying before creating a trouble ticket for an RMA.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jkmail,

I will reach out to you in a private message to further assist.

Featherbeard,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC