Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One camera poor picture

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
danmarwil
Follower
Follower

One of the four cameras I bought with my system is giving me a "foggy" picture.  I have cleaned the lens to no avail.  The same camera is picking up motions continuously with low sensitivity and recording with no evidence of motion on the recording, giving hundreds of 10-second recordings in a few hours..Is there an adjustment on the camera or can it be exchanged?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's hard to say over the Internet.  Take a snapshot using live view and share the link from your view in the library here so we can get a sense of what's up.

By any chance is the camera pointing at least generally in the direction of the sun?  Glare from the sun or reflected sunlight can cause issues, especially during certain times of day, depending on how it's pointed.  Positioning the camera under some sort of overhang may help as might fashioning a shade to block detection/glare in certain areas of the view.  Use the "Search for Answers" button above to find the thread where a user did just that - search for something like "pvc" or "pvc pipe".

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

danmarwil,

One way to isolate the issue further would be to swap locations of the affected camera with one that is behaving as expected. This will help identify if the location of the camera is causing the issue. Please let us know the results!

JamesC