Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

adding base station

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jkbg4835
Follower
Follower

my reception isnt great amonst my 7 cameras all working off one base station, need to add an additional base station.

does the additional base station automatically pick up the nearest camera, or do I have to resync the cameras with the base station I want them to work off of?

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jkbg4835 wrote:

my reception isnt great amonst my 7 cameras all working off one base station, need to add an additional base station.

does the additional base station automatically pick up the nearest camera, or do I have to resync the cameras with the base station I want them to work off of?

Cameras have to be sync'ed to the base station wanted to work off of, they can only be sync'ed to one base at a time...

you have to remove them from the previous base ( SETTINGS-System Settings -CAMERA ORDER, then click the circled X at the camera line on right side )

BTW, you either have to run 2 separate accounts or pick the Elite service which allows up to 3 bases. ( premier allows 10 cams / 1 base )

As a  PS... you can run ethernet cable for a good distance ( 100m ) so it may be worth it if you can centrally locate the base

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------