Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Light is green but not connected

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
bricks
Follower
Follower

My base station shows first three green lights. I can't get the camera to work, i login to my account it says a camera is not installed. Nothing happening here. please advise asap as really frustrated. 

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you attempted to sync the camera to the base?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
FRANK121
Tutor
Tutor

I have this same problem and mine says the base unit is not connected to the router even though it shows the green light? When I sync the cameras I get the blue flashing light that goes away but that did not help? This unit worked for a few weeks and now has went to crap? what the heck? I have tried new batteries, new cables, new router with no results and no response from Arlo?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you open a trouble ticket?  It kinda sounds like the base may have died.

Astroboy86
Star
Star

This happened to us last night. After running flawlessly for two weeks, I got the "Base station is not connected to the internet" message and all commands timed out, including logging out of the web portal.

All lights remained green on the base station, and restarting it had no effect. Not wanting the hassle of re-syncing five cameras after deactivating the base station, I chose to do nothing and try again in the morning. When I attempted to login early this morning, everything was fine and all cameras & commands responded properly.

I have to conclude the issue was was on the Arlo server side of things and in my case, patience was the best cure.  Still, I'm not at all happy about the prospect of losing the ability to monitor our home while on vacation due to a Netgear issue somewhere upstream.

I believe there should be a fallback mode to at least permit local monitoring of cameras through our home network in the event that a base station is unable to communicate with the Arlo servers.  If this feature request hasn't already been posted in feedback, I'll be happy to submit the suggestion.