Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

added camera not working

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
saddo
Aspirant
Aspirant

i purchased a 3 pack then added a 4th camera which appeared to sync but it will not work, all 3 originals work fine and i have checked batteries re-sync but still nothing. can anyone help

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

saddo,

Welcome to the community! When you say the camera does not work but appeared to sync do you mean the camera is displayed on the cameras screen but is giving you an error message? If that is the case the camera has synced up but something else is causing an issue. Could you please let me know what error message you are receiving that is indicating an issue?

Thank you!

JamesC

saddo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey James, it appears to sync according to the instructions regarding blue light flashing but is not giving a picture or sensing movement or recording, there is no error message but it is showing there is a fourth camera in the camera page.
Cheers Saddo
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

saddo,

Okay it sounds like the camera did actually sync up correctly but motion is not active. What I mean by that is, for whatever mode you have active on your system the rule that tells the camera to record when it detects motion is not set for this mode. You can quickly identify if this is the case by taking a look at the cameras screen and if the running man in the top right corner of the affected camera is grey that means motion detection/recording is not active.

First check to make sure there is a rule for Camera 4(the affected camera) to record on motion. Navigate to "settings" and then to "rules". If there is a rule here continue on to "settings" and then "modes". In "modes" you want to make sure that for the mode you use the rule for camera 4 is active (green text and green check mark).

Let me know if this helps!

JamesC