Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't connect to the internet

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
leandrobergman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I just bought a netgear equipmet but I've been having trouble connecting it to the internet, I'm getting an orange light instead of a green light. Tried to connect to the wifi modem, through various ports, and directly to the modem. Any ideas to fix it?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First if possible I'd swap out the ethernet cable if ur using a known working ethernet port on you router.

If the cable has tested good via another device to a good port, then I might try a full factory reset as you not far into the setup to yet.

• Perform a factory reset on your base station. 

Push the Reset button (on the back of the base station) and the Sync button (on the side of the base station) for about 10 seconds or until all the LED lights on the base station blink amber. This procedure returns the base station to its factory settings. If your cameras were synced to the base station, you might need to sync the cameras again after the base station comes back online. For more information, see How Do I Set Up And Sync My Arlo Cameras?.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
leandrobergman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Already did this procedure ,no results;Still no internet
leandrobergman
Aspirant
Aspirant
May be the device is deffective ;
Is it possible to send It to the factory for tests?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

off hand the only other thing I can think of quickly is the required ports to be open;

Ports 80 and 443 must be open.

Morse is faster than texting!
mrlightfoot
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem.  My internet light will not light up at all.  Not green, not amber, nothing.  I plug the other end into multiple ports but still no light.  I read your suggestion to reset the unit.  I attempted to reset the unit but while holding the reset button and sync button, the only light that came on was the power light.  I held the reset/sync button for over 20 seconds but to no avail.  What do I do next?

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

mrlightfoot,

After performing the troubleshooting steps and you are still experiencing no LED for the Internet indicator, kindly contact our support team for further assistance.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
leandrobergman
Aspirant
Aspirant
It worked when í conected to another sistem( moden //wyfy . )

vilmont1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I conect to the router but the light is amber

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

vilmont1,

Welcome to the community! If the base stations internet light is amber that indicates that the base station is connected to your router but is not getting an internet connection. It is possible a router setting or feature is blocking the base station from getting a connection. Please attempt the troubleshooting steps listed in the following article to further isolate the issue:

My Arlo base station is offline; how can I troubleshoot it?

Let us know what you did and if you were able to resolve the issue!

JamesC