Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Would like to monitor the video continuously, is this possible?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JimH12
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I have a two camera Arlo system using Arlo Pro 2 camera2. I frequently monitor the video using my Windows PC browser at my.arlo.com.

I would like to monitor the video continuously, ie without it timing out or having to log back onto the website after it automatically logs me out. Ideally I would like to monitor the video directly from the camera without using the Netgear server. Is this possible? I am not interested in recording the video, nor am I interested in the audio.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

rgds

JimH

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not possible. There's no way to use only local network traffic to see the stream. The closest you could get would be to subscribe to CVR, use AC-powered cameras and view the CVR stream via the app or browser.

Elowe228
Tutor
Tutor

Surprised Arlo couldn't build a monitor that could connect to the Hub and send live video feed out to be displayed within x feet of the hub

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's a battery thang. Without being plugged in the batteries would go dead quickly.

Elowe228
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for the reply. However the answer doesn't make sense, since there is the ability to add CVR to the camera allowing for 24/7 recording which may require being plugged in. If the camera is needed to be plugged in for the ability to use CVR then it should be an issue to allow live stream viewing on x device without timing out.

I was trying to suggest that Arlo could create a Tablet like device that can view the camera(s) 24/7 and the camera are connected to a power supply.  Their device could be a little more secure then viewing through other products e.g. Laptop, chrome cast etc. 

Elowe228
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for the reply. However the answer doesn't make sense, since there is the ability to add CVR to the camera allowing for 24/7 recording which may require being plugged in. If the camera is needed to be plugged in for the ability to use CVR then it should be an issue to allow live stream viewing on x device without timing out.

I was trying to suggest that Arlo could create a Tablet like device that can view the camera(s) 24/7 and the camera are connected to a power supply.  Their device could be a little more secure then viewing through other products e.g. Laptop, chrome cast etc. 

I would buy more cameras like the Arlo Q and Baby  if live view without a timeout was possible. After speaking with Arlo support (Case number 41653129).  For continuous live video feed you need the CVR plan and a camera connected to a power supply(makes sense batteries would drain to quick) . Since Arlo's goal is to get users to signup for the CVR they probably won't remove the 30 minute timeout on cameras connected to a power supply without the CVR plan. The other solution from support was to just hit play after the timeout period. I want to believe support understood what I was trying to achieve, but it took me asking several different ways to make sure i got a clear answer.