Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
AZDesertGal
Aspirant
Aspirant

This camera is a POS.  Never works properly.  Eats batteries like crazy.

Constantly records when there is no movement seen in the replay.  Also does not record movement when there is something to record.  I recently had something moved by somebody in front of house and nothing on the recordings,. People coming and leaving my front door are not recorded. Have tried everything including changing the motion sensor but no matter what the setting I get same problem.

What a waste of money. Cost me over 10% of my SSA.  No more Netgear products for this old lady.

Wish I had never bought this system. Ready to s**tcan it and get something else.

Not sure what they ask for above for model and all I know it is wireless and sells for $199.

I have been almost an hour trying to get this to  post.  What an anoying website.

7 REPLIES 7
Pet1700
Apprentice
Apprentice
Placement is key to get proper recording. Fast Internet is needed to lower the delay time of recording. Lastly, I recommend getting a few cameras and having movement detected in one cause recording in both or another. This way, you could be sure nothing is missed and potentially get multiple angles of the event. Rules work great with this system, and I'd you have other home automation, arlo is now compatible with Ifttt, so others events could trigger arlo recording or arlo recordings could trigger events like your lights turning on at the same time.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, post screenshots of your cameras' views.  If they can be repositioned properly things may get better fast.

AZDesertGal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks but most of what you recommend is not possible.

I have fast 15MBPS internet speed so that is not the problem
As for a few cameras this is not feasible. I already have one that goes through these very expensive batteries.  Also there is nowhere else a camera can be attached outside.  The one I have covers more than the area I am interested in protecting as it is a very small courtyard and the camera covers my area as well as the next door area.

Outside lights are always on as this is provided by the community on each residents garage to light up the pathway to your front door.

The camera works only when it wants to and I have at times captured people coming or going. It is very erratic.

I have no idea what you mean by iffft.

I will just have to wait until I can afford a different security system or a family member buys one for me.

AZDesertGal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response.

It is not the position of the camera. It is positioned so that it shows my complete front area and even over into the neighbors.  Where it is positioned is the only place there is any wood to attach it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Again, a screenshot would help.

As for positioning, wood isn't the only possible mounting material, just one of the easiest to work with.  Also, it would seem that you're covering too much area for motion to be detected efficiently.  The screenshot would help here.

Taormina
Aspirant
Aspirant
Worst system ...recorded only after intruders where walking out the door. Have substantial Internet speed.this is crazy.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Have you tried positioning the cameras better? Lots of suggestions here as well as FAQs.