Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Jbtopps
Tutor
Tutor

No need to put another video on here or send to donate. The cameras are only good for looking when someone comes up. Then if you are lucky enough to catch them walking right across the front of 3 cameras before they are already at the front door with the storm door open then you get the top of someones head. There’s no setting that works. They pick up cobwebs ,wasp ,blowing leaves & shadows on the concrete but cant pick up a man who’s already walked up or across the front of 3 cameras. I gave adjusted the sensitivity angle so many ways & nothing changes. My wife can pull all the way in the garage. That coming straight up a 30’ driveway with 2cameras at angles & all you get is the top of the trunk the last 3 ‘.
I’ve had 2 different situations of people walking across the drive & up to the front door & never gets their face. They either have time to turn & look away or all you get is them past the view of catching their face. You get the side or the walking away back or top of their head. The mail man can drop off a package & all you get is him standing under the camera putting a package down then barley catch him rounding the corner going past another camera that never gets him period or if so partially in a already past his facial view.
They are only good for looking around live or uf you know someone’s coming over or the delivery guy when he pulls up only every now & then. Spent money buying the arlo 3 camera system then adding 2 more for some stupid reason. Id say don’t get the wireless. I can’t say for the hard wired they may work but the wireless is comical.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@Jbtopps,

the reason I asked for the models of your cameras was that with every iteration of Arlo cameras it seems the latency has been improved. The original wire free cameras were horrible, the Pro and Pro2 cameras were better and the Ultra cameras are much improved. Still, room for improvement though. Also, how the cameras are mounted with regards to moving across the field of view and cross triggering cameras does somewhat improve the situation.

Brian

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
brh
Master
Master

@Jbtopps 

What are the model numbers of your base and cameras?

Brian

Jbtopps
Tutor
Tutor

Hi @brh Won’t pick up a man walking from the side then straight up to the front door until he either sees the camera & turns to hide or till they get all the way under the camera & can’t be seen. BUT they will catch a mud dobber wasp flying by. So what exactly can anyone do to adjust these cameras to work & respond in the time that’s most important.

brh
Master
Master

@Jbtopps,

the reason I asked for the models of your cameras was that with every iteration of Arlo cameras it seems the latency has been improved. The original wire free cameras were horrible, the Pro and Pro2 cameras were better and the Ultra cameras are much improved. Still, room for improvement though. Also, how the cameras are mounted with regards to moving across the field of view and cross triggering cameras does somewhat improve the situation.

Brian

Jbtopps
Tutor
Tutor

Here’s the station & camera model number
I can’t get this to take the photo I screenshot

Jbtopps
Tutor
Tutor
Jbtopps
Tutor
Tutor

@brh They will pick ip a wasp flying by fast but not a man turning the corner on my sidewalk off the garage door then straight to the front door about 15 - 20’ out from an angle straight on little to the left or right. Anyway I adjust the sensitivity or whatever else I ive tried. It won’t start picking up until they see the camera & turn around or until I get all the way to the door then gets the too of my head. They piss me off more than anything. I want to toss them in the air & take my ball bat & knock the hell outta them. But I have over $400 maybe $500 because I have 5 cameras. One has a pretty pink screen color. Arlo doesn’t impress me at all.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jbtopps

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Dmennis1961
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo pro 2