Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MyIQArLo
Apprentice
Apprentice
I don't know the model number but when I went to add a device today, I saw something called a wire free with mobile router on the list of devices to add. I can't find any info in this thing anywhere including Google and Arlos website. What is it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MyIQArLo,

This is referencing the NETGEAR Nighthawk® M1, take a look here for more information: Nighthawk® M1 Mobile Router

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MyIQArLo
Apprentice
Apprentice
Took me 8 frys to post because it wasn't a product with a model number or a tag and some other stupid message category. Where's the definition of what those are? Arlo, why keep inventing products when you can't even get geofencing right?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MyIQArLo,

This is referencing the NETGEAR Nighthawk® M1, take a look here for more information: Nighthawk® M1 Mobile Router

JamesC

MyIQArLo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you but Im really untech savvy. I read the page but I am not sure what it does. Its a router but what does it mean mobile? and battery life? My problem is that i have too many devices and interference on my router now.  Id like to get something that will provide better coverage and less interference. Is this what i want or is the orbi with docsomething 3.1 modem a better choice?

MyIQArLo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Trying to figure out what these other boxes are for

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MyIQArLo,

The Nighthawk M1 is a mobile data device that will (in the future) support Arlo cameras, it would not benefit your existing home network. Orbi would likely be the better solution to expanding your existing home network.

JamesC

MyIQArLo
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thank you. I don't know how you get your info but I see you help everyone on this board. It is appreciated.