Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will these rechargeable batteries work?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jaybe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm looking into recharagables for my Arlo system. Will these work? 

http://www.amazon.com/JustDo%C2%AE-Rechargeable-Flashlight-Pointer-Battery/dp/B00V7SX08S/ref=sr_1_9?...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

We strongly recommend using one of the following types of batteries:

• The non-rechargeable batteries supplied with your Arlo Wire-Free cameras
  • Tenergy Li-Ion RCR123A 3.7V 650mAh rechargeable batteries specifically marked “Works with Arlo”
  • Non-rechargeable batteries from other high quality, established, well-known manufacturers such as Panasonic®, Energizer®, or Duracell®

NEVER try to recharge the C123A batteries that came with your Arlo camera as they are non-rechargeable.

Thank you for sharing! 

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

They may well but investigate the battery threads in the Buying Options and Tips forum. The ones you reference appear to be similar to the UltraFire amd GTL batteries we've tried before, being rated at 2200mAH.  It's apparently physically impossible to get that rating in this size battery due to chemistry limitations and are likely more appropriately rated at 500-700mAH.  

I'd suggest the TangsFire 1000mAH (also over-rated) and EagleTac batteries as referenced in this thread:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Buying-Options-Tips/Rechargeable-batteries-for-use-with-Arlo-camera...

Skip towards the end to get the most current (no pun) info.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

We strongly recommend using one of the following types of batteries:

• The non-rechargeable batteries supplied with your Arlo Wire-Free cameras
  • Tenergy Li-Ion RCR123A 3.7V 650mAh rechargeable batteries specifically marked “Works with Arlo”
  • Non-rechargeable batteries from other high quality, established, well-known manufacturers such as Panasonic®, Energizer®, or Duracell®

NEVER try to recharge the C123A batteries that came with your Arlo camera as they are non-rechargeable.

Thank you for sharing! 

JamesC