Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Hello.

Is it true that one could use a wifi jammer to knock out Netgear Arlo's wireless connection?

Thank you in advance. 🙂

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the cameras operate on 2.4ghz /standard 802.11n it is possible. But I wouldn't get overly worried bout it

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Its VERY true if some one wanted to spend the cash.  We have them in our test labs, a good handheld unit costs 600.00+

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Hula_Rock wrote:

Its VERY true if some one wanted to spend the cash.  We have them in our test labs, a good handheld unit costs 600.00+

Or build your own! 😛

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Hula_Rock wrote:

yes... use to play around with jammers back in the day,  cell phones/wifi.   Brief case units putting  out 10-100 watts with directional patch antennas.  You didn't want to stand in front of those without shielding on certain body parts ! 🙂

Very expensive back then , not so much now tho... But I don't consider them a real problem... there are other simpler ways to defeat systems.

Morse is faster than texting!
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Oh Look his got Arlo System.. Let's jam em'... No wait... don't need to jam em' .. The system itself is problematic.. for all we know it's prolly' down right now or we can just fast walk in front of it and it won't see us with that motion detection...sh****t... LoL.. jk

Madcustomer123
Aspirant
Aspirant
I agree. Arlo doesn't work.
Madcustomer123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just stood in front of my problem camera. It indicates motion. It shows nothing!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Need more details.  What shows motion? Are the running men black or gray?  What mode do you have selected? Does live view work?