Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why can’t I see video when I have motion detection

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kegs
Follower
Follower
Why can’t I see the video when I have motion detection? It will not let view live either and I cannot see video with camera positioning also
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Need many more details. Do you have a subscription of any sort? What have you tried and what do you see, including error messages? What are the LEDs on the base showing? Have you rebooted your base? Have you rebooted your phone and reinstalled the app? Have you tried the web client?

Macahi
Apprentice
Apprentice

I assume that you mean that when your camera detects motion and starts to record, that you can't view through the camera at the same time.  You can't see what it's seeing until after the recording is finished.  Welcome to Arlo.  As far as I'm concerned that's one of the many design flaws.  You have to wait until it's finished recording, then (at least in my case) wait several more minutes for the video to be available before you can see what it recorded.  Alternatively, you can turn on viewing through the camera, but then the recording stops.  You can manually restart it, but then you've missed potentially critical recording.

All of my cameras are wireless.  Maybe it works differently with wired cameras?