Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
monoambiente
Guide
Guide

Huello guys. I always asked myself why the Arlo cameras have not a reset option included in the app as has the base station.

It is very important when you are not at home and need restart a camera !!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Generally, resarting the base should be adequate. If the camera is offline, how would you be able to communicate a restart? Same thing with the base, of course.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Generally, resarting the base should be adequate. If the camera is offline, how would you be able to communicate a restart? Same thing with the base, of course.

JJS68
Luminary
Luminary

I have mine on usb power with no battery as have had to unplug a couple times, if the battery is in it, I have to get out the ladder.... woudl be nice feature to have, but they have been pretty stable, in the years I have had them only had to do a couple times and luckily was at home, one was a video flakey issue, do not even remember what the time before that was

bssteele
Initiate
Initiate

I had a simular issue, the most common for me was that the AC connected cameras simply would no longer detect motion and therefore not record (booted the base, removed cameras from account, factory reset base, resynced cameras). There was nothing that fixed the issue EXCEPT for pulling the battery and putting it back in. At this point I no longer have the batteries in the cameras so I can unplug them when they stop working correctly in the future (of course this creates a bit of a security issue) I find the lack of a "reboot" ability to be a silly oversight.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If there's a hardware issue, you need to open a case with support for a possible RMA:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

JJS68
Luminary
Luminary

not realy hardware issue, just need to make a real reboot button on the app for the base and cameras

many thought the "restart" button was a "reboot" button, but we now know it's not, it must just restart a service or something, not a reboot

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A reboot/restart is never the same thing as a power cycle.

JJS68
Luminary
Luminary

a reboot usually restarts the OS of the device, very rare that would not solve any issue you had unless the OS had a issue or was a hardware issue - usually a power cycle is only needed when the OS is locked and can not reboot

all I was saying is a real reboot button would be nice