Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Where is Dropbox and Local USB storage support for Arlo?!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ayegel
Tutor
Tutor

Where is the USB support for the non-Pro Arlo base station? This has got to be the worst marketing trick I have ever seen.There needs to be a firmware update to activate these ports to use USB storage....As well as integrating Dropbox to Arlo for archiving the footage. I don't want to manually back up videos every time. Any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not going to happen... the USB ports were for possible upgrades that never made it to the market.

They are non functional except for power ( TBMK )

The Pro base has a faster processor and more memory which allowed the local record option

One of the users here ( Jeff ) had a script for auto download...and if you don't go that way it comes back to manual.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ayegel
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the reply @TomMac. That really sucks though....I just purchased this unit in November and am past the return window. Wonder if Netgear would take a tradein for the Pro base station? 🙂 

Otherwise, this is pretty upsetting. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It couldn't hurt to put the Drop box idea here tho....https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

See if there , if so add kudos... if not add it. ( they do read the suggestions )

Morse is faster than texting!
ayegel
Tutor
Tutor

How do I get ahold of this script from Jeff? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Send me a PM with your email address.