Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo & Arlo Q cam not viewable over website with advanced firewall

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Cyberbob
Follower
Follower

I have been fighting with this for awhile and I need to get some answers.

I use Watchguard firewalls.  Watchguard will not allow website traffic on port 80/443 that does not conform to RFC standards for traffic.  So here in lies the problem.  Evidently Arlo streaming does not conform as I get one error on the firewall "Invalid Request Line Format".  I tried creating a filter to allow any device on my network to access these cameras specifically but it would appear there is a LOT of different IP and that these streams are coming through AMAZON AWS.  I have white listed over 20 IP's and everytime I hit refresh, I get a different IP and it's blocked.  Once in 10 refreshes I will get one that I already white listed and "wala" I can see the live feed.

Is there a definitive list of IPs or Network ranges I can whitelist in a HTTP filter to allow these dang things to be viewable on the web ALL the time or is it some Amazon load balancing things and IPs will always change?  Because if its the later, then I will probably have to not use Arlo anymore, unless they fix the streaming to conform to RFC standard for security.  

Can I force the cameras onto a different port other than 80 so my firewall won't pitch a fit?

Any other suggestions?

Attached is a screenshot of my firewall when a phone and a PC both tried to access the live feeds at the same time.Arlo errors firewall.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cyberbob,

I will escalate this topic for further clarification.

JamesC

JDuden47
Aspirant
Aspirant

We also cannot connect to live streams from behind our Watchguard firewall because of the same error.

Has there been a resolution for this?  What web address can we add to exceptions?  As the OP stated there are a huge number of IP addresses that it tries to connect to.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You just need to use the FQDNS name, Arlo.netgear.com. Let the router figure out the IP addresses.
JDuden47
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately this does not resolve the problem.  We have this exception set and it does not cover the wide range of IP addresses that are polled for live streams.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
!maybe contacting support would get you a better solution.