Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Ltwo
Follower
Follower

Looking to mount a couple of Arlo cams with the outdoor adjustable mount (VMA1000) on brick walls. Anyone know what size drill bits I should use for the studs and also how deep?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Ltwo wrote:

Looking to mount a couple of Arlo cams with the outdoor adjustable mount (VMA1000) on brick walls. Anyone know what size drill bits I should use for the studs and also how deep?

Thanks!

Since your using them on brick... the size of the drill is based on the outside diameter of the plug that's going into the wall hole. ( plug is what the screw goes into )

As a normal rule the size of a drill for screws is the diameter of the shaft ( of the screw ) not counting the threads

BUT before you go drilling permanent holes, I would suggest using a temp mounting to make sure the cameras are in a good working location.

Mount with 3M double stick molding tape, etc to hold in place

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jkj22908
Initiate
Initiate

What kind of answer is that?  You provided the screws and such... don't you know what drill bit we should use?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
No. Define "you" - almost all of us here are users like you. The size of the drill is whatever is defined by the anchor you're using. Without knowing what you're using and what surface you're drilling all we can do is provide generic guidance e. Your local hardware store would be a good choice for information.
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

One in every crowd........

Paul