Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I just purchased my 6th Arlo wire-free camera, and noticed that the under "device info", the hardware version on the new one is H11, whereas all of my other ones are H7.  Is there any information about what the differences are?  The labels inside showing the battery orientations is slightly different, but that's the only external difference I can see.

7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Ooh. Can you tell us if it is quicker to react to motion? I wonder if some of the pro components are now being used in it. I want to get another camera but plan on getting an Arlo Pro to go with the Arlo Wire-free cameras just because of the faster recording on motion. If the new wire-free cameras are faster, that might be easier for me!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

hokeysmoke wrote:

I just purchased my 6th Arlo wire-free camera, and noticed that the under "device info", the hardware version on the new one is H11, whereas all of my other ones are H7.  Is there any information about what the differences are?  The labels inside showing the battery orientations is slightly different, but that's the only external difference I can see.

I have a couple of H11 versions and some H7s and some H5s too. (Arlos)

They are hardware changes of course, be it a part change or some tweek... but in the real world there isn't much difference in how they function.

As to the H-11 version I noticed a slight difference in the iris reaction with back lighting AND it seems the responce to trigger events may be noted by a VERY slight increse in response... in testings, I notice it would trigger one foot sooner ( person walking in room )...not a big difference.

Unless your using two units side-by-side, you prob wouldn't notice

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Tom, would you still say the Arlo Pro is significantly faster at responding than the H11?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

steve_t wrote:

Tom, would you still say the Arlo Pro is significantly faster at responding than the H11?

Yes... trigger event 4x faster...Also appears that the Pro records right at the trigger event to a sort of buffer THEN sends video down the pipe ( where the Arlo gets the trigger event and waits for record order from the base causing the 2 sec delay )

Possible down side of Pro is the  life on the battery pack..( till we get the solar panel )  I don't have enough data yet, but I believe the battery pack will have a life between the 16340 li-ion cells we've tested in the reg Arlos and OEMs... The pack won't hold up as long as the OEM primaries but be closer to a 3 month usage life.

Remember with my usage,  the OEM are 3000 mahr that come in at 4 months and the 16340 at 1500 mahr came in at 60 days....

the battery pack is 2440 mahr and falls in the middle

Morse is faster than texting!
PaulOckenden
Star
Star

H11 (which you can only tell by eye by looking at the battery contacts, they are gold rather than silver) apparently solves the daytime red/pink image issue, where the IR filter gets stuck.

PaulOckenden
Star
Star

Incidentally, I hote that the Pro reports as H7, like the original non-Pros.

boom
Tutor
Tutor

I received an Arlo wireless camera and base station free from Lowes Loop Program. I noticed the hardware version was H11. I purchased two more cameras from Amazon and have noticed both their versions are H7. Must be getting rid of old stock. I also noticed that one of the H7 cameras doesn't seem to be as responsive to motion (checked, compared all settings). Someone from county water placed flags in my side yard. Camera never picked it up. May have to swap cameras. Otherwise, seems to be a good system.