Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Question about Rules

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tuffcookie
Guide
Guide

I am having trouble with scheduling and I think the whole problem comes from my rules settings.  Do I even have to have rules set up to schedule?  If I delete all rules can I still decide which time I want the front porch camera to record, separately from the patio camera?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The default is ARMED ( all cams on ).... what you have to do is create a custom mode (ADD A MODE ) to split up your cameras to single units....

Say you have one in front and one in back.  Create two new modes one called FRONT ( for front ) and one called BACK.

Now in the schedule you can use ARMED ( for all on ), FRONT for front yard , and BACK for back yard at your choice

* the schedule really isn't a mode, but just a timer to turn ON/OFF modes.

Check the FAQS for MODE and you will get step by step procedure

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Tuffcookie
Guide
Guide

Ok.  I will try that.  When I'm trying to set a schedule and I click on Mode, why aren't my 2 cameras showing up in the list?  The only thing that shows is the base station.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

click on the base

Morse is faster than texting!
Tuffcookie
Guide
Guide

When I am in the Mode tab nothing is happening when I click on the base!  The 2 cameras are listed in the settings tab.  The only thing showing on the Mode tab is the base.  It does not let me click on it.   This is very frustrating not having a current manual to refer to.