Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

What name does the ARLO base station use in your router's list of connected devices?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
PaulQ_AZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you know what name the Arlo base station uses in the list of connected devices your router lists with assigned UP addresses?

Is it "Azure Wave Technologies"? I don't see anything obvious like "Arlo" or "Netgear."

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaulQ_AZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll post this here too in case anyone else is having the problem...

Yeah.... I thought that would be the case but I don't see anything "Netgear" on my IP list. I just now thought to look at the MAC addresses. I found it. It's under "VMB..." which just so happens to be the model number of the base station. Doh!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It should show up as netgear something..

Mine is Netegear_VBM_ xxxxxxxxxxx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
PaulQ_AZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll post this here too in case anyone else is having the problem...

Yeah.... I thought that would be the case but I don't see anything "Netgear" on my IP list. I just now thought to look at the MAC addresses. I found it. It's under "VMB..." which just so happens to be the model number of the base station. Doh!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I also see mine as VMBxxxx on my router.  However, using a WiFi analyzer shows a NTGR_VMB_xxxx so it varies according to exactly what you're looking at.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Mine is Netegear_VBM_ xxxxxxxxxxx

Yes... glad you found it... ( btw, slip of fingers above, as it is VMB not VBM )

The ssid is usu clearly visible and show as netgear one way or the other ( mac )

Morse is faster than texting!