Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
volvogirl
Tutor
Tutor

My friend bought 2 Arlo Wire-Free systems with 3 cameras from same place same time, one was for me.  What firmware version should I have?  We both have Base Station version 1.8.9.1_13442

BUT Her cameras are at 1.2.11810  and mine are at 1.2.9561.  Which is higher?  11 thousand is higher than 9 thousand but 9 is higher than 1.  Which way do you read it?  Mine say up to date and there is no update button.

Also my iPad Mini App doesn't let me change the video recording time on my first two cameras.  It is dimmed out.  I installed the first 2 on the same day but the 3rd camera I did the next day and it lets me set a time ok for #3 on the App.  The first day logging in from my desktop computer Win 8.1 didn't let me change the times either or I wasn't doing it right.  Or it got a update overnight.  Now it lets me set the time.  I guess I'll try reinstalling the app?  

And I have more questions.  I see the 64 page manual is not up to date and some of the instructions are different now.  I found an article for New Arlo app: new features.  How do you tell if the firmware is set for automatice update?   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
volvogirl
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you!  I pushed the on/off button in the back to power cycle it.  I normally physically unplug the power cord to power cycle modems etc. but I tried just doing the button.  Then I logged back in and the first thing it said was to update the camera in each camera square! So I did and I got 1.2.11810 in all 3 cameras.  Didn't have to wait overnight.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
volvogirl
Tutor
Tutor

Ok I deleted the App on my iPad and downloaded it again.  That may have cleared it up.  The video recording times now show up.

ive been looking through the forum and see that my cameras are on an old version and users have had trouble updating them.  I printed out some things to try.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Power cycle your base and wait overnight. See if the base updates

volvogirl
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you!  I pushed the on/off button in the back to power cycle it.  I normally physically unplug the power cord to power cycle modems etc. but I tried just doing the button.  Then I logged back in and the first thing it said was to update the camera in each camera square! So I did and I got 1.2.11810 in all 3 cameras.  Didn't have to wait overnight.