Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
jpottaway
Apprentice
Apprentice
DO NOT MERGE THIS THREAD ARLO. This was created as a NEW topic to address your inadequacies with request to QA and customer service of your “security system”. Over a month now into a “broken cycle” and worked about 50% of the time over last 12 months.

See the mega threads in various forums. Update please? Members +1 post to engage.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

A new version of the Arlo mobile app for iOS is now available resolving several issues with Geofencing, please make sure you have the latest version of the mobile app installed and take a look at the release notes here: Arlo iOS App - 2.12 - 13th December 2019

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
wenklaw0042
Guide
Guide

Agreed.  ARLO need to provide an update ASAP.  I am currently thinking of putting all my ARLO equipment on eBay and moving to Eufy cameras

I see that Arlo are releasing a video door bell which I would have ben interested in, not anymore with this level of support. Shocking rubbish 

Jagangemi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Totally agree. 

jpottaway
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hit this tweet.  Maybe something will actually get done.  Buck passing to iOS13 is pathetic for a developer of a security system of this cost.

https://twitter.com/mbmcrae/status/1194410510344761344?s=21

RyanM0
Initiate
Initiate

WOW AM I DISAPOINTED.

I honestly don't know what to do. I want my money back - a year into deploying this product and I feel cornered by my purchase. 

Foremost, Arlo, why the hell did you launch a new app and delete the old one? Geofencing was working fine until you came online with this new application. Now geofencing never works, there is no solution online with these forums. Customer support is clueless and is inaudible through their thick accents. And frankly I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. it doesn't work and its unreliable. Nobody can help with Geofencing not working so why the hell do I even have this product? 

I want my money back.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Delete the app from you phone then go to this this site on your phone  https://www.apkmirror.com/ search for Arlo then d/l the 2.10.0_26060 app that's what I had to do to get everything back to normal again. My problem is I cant see what mode iam in when I tap mode there blank. Make sure you turn your phone setting off for auto. updates or it will d/l the new one again. 

RyanM0
Initiate
Initiate
Seems like a great way to have malware installed on my mobile device.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RyanM0 wrote:
Seems like a great way to have malware installed on my mobile device.

There is some risk with side-loading.  But apkmirror.com has a good reputation and many  consider it to be safe.

Apkmirror.com says that they verify everything they publish (and won't publish anything that they can't verify) - https://www.apkmirror.com/faq/ You have to decide for yourself if you believe that claim.  One risk is that the website itself could be theoretically be hacked and compromised.

In any event, continuing to use the legacy app is at best a stopgap.  At some point (likely soon) it will  stop working.

mporter1968
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm done with Arlo.

I was looking to add a few cameras to my existing system, but instead will buy Ring. From friends and family who have Ring, they have nothing but glowing reviews.

This issue has been going on too long with no improvements or progress. 

Jagangemi
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did the same. Had enough. When you see them release an app update to add new features they are too concerned about making money and not about service. I have been telling anyone and everyone to stay clear. There is not even an acknowledgement that there is anything wrong. I logged a ticket which was just a joke. Onwards and upwards.
Dlo5
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. Running iOS... please fix this
Bah0482
Apprentice
Apprentice
Has there been anything official from arlo staring they know this is an issue?
Jagangemi
Aspirant
Aspirant
No nothing. Logging a fault doesn’t help either. The worst service.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

A new version of the Arlo mobile app for iOS is now available resolving several issues with Geofencing, please make sure you have the latest version of the mobile app installed and take a look at the release notes here: Arlo iOS App - 2.12 - 13th December 2019