Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
RegDawg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Seems that I'm not the only one experiencing the green screen issue. I can view my camera's LIVE on my android app (phone, tablet) but when I try to view it through a web browser (Firefox, IF) I just get a green screen. I had no issues previously so something changed.

Anyone have any fixes?

18 REPLIES 18
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RegDawg,

If you don't mind, I have a couple of questions that may help further isolate the issue. Is this happening on multiple cameras or just one?  Does this occur if you try to stream through the web ui on another device?  I suspect this is either browser or computer related due to streaming on the android app not resulting in any issues.  Is the green screen also carrying through to the recordings or is it only occurring while live streaming?  Please let me know!

JamesC

plasmo
Luminary
Luminary

I used to get intermittent green screens and distorted video at times, until I moved my base closer to the cameras.  

RegDawg
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC wrote:

RegDawg,

If you don't mind, I have a couple of questions that may help further isolate the issue. Is this happening on multiple cameras or just one?  Does this occur if you try to stream through the web ui on another device?  I suspect this is either browser or computer related due to streaming on the android app not resulting in any issues.  Is the green screen also carrying through to the recordings or is it only occurring while live streaming?  Please let me know!

JamesC

This is happening on all camera's. No it is not affecting the recordings and only during LIVE streaming.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RegDawg,

Please consider relocating the base station as @plasmo advised that this helped a similar issue he was having. I have been able to replicate distortion and what I would describe as green "pixelation" but only when deliberately introducing large amounts of interference between the camera and base station. Let me know if this changes anything!

JamesC

RegDawg
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC wrote:

RegDawg,

Please consider relocating the base station as @plasmo advised that this helped a similar issue he was having. I have been able to replicate distortion and what I would describe as green "pixelation" but only when deliberately introducing large amounts of interference between the camera and base station. Let me know if this changes anything!

JamesC

I'll give this a shot but sort of inconvenient that someone would have to put this on an extender for it to work especially if your instructed to connect to your router anyway. Essentially the extender is a router to. 

RegDawg
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC wrote:

RegDawg,

JamesC

Okay so I moved my base station about 10-15ft away from my main router and is connected to a bridge to connect to my network. I am still getting the green screen when trying to view LIVE feed on all my camera's through the webui at home. At work, I'm getting the the base station is offline message on all the camera screens. 

RegDawg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Okay so just an update, I tried viewing my camera's at work and I am no longer getting the base station is offline message. I logged in a couple times and have been successful. Maybe it has something to do with the base station being away from the main router at home or not, can't really say. I am still getting the green screen when I try to view LIVE feed within my home network however. I'll log in several more times throughout the day here at work to see if i have any issues.

Update.....Okay I tried logging in again a bit later and now I'm getting the base station is offline message here at work again =/. Logging back out and back in is not helping. 

RegDawg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Anyone find a solution for this? I moved my base station away from my home router. I actually moved it into another room. I'm using anothe router as a network bridge connected to it. I'm still getting the green screen when viewing live feeds on my PC through all my cameras. When viewing on the mobile apps, its fine.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RegDawg,

You said above you use Firefox, have you been able to isolate if you are experiencing this with any other web browser (Chrome, IE etc). I would also be interested in knowing if this occurs on a different PC on the same network, as you say you are not experiencing it on your mobile app. Also you said above it is not affecting recordings, only streams, is this still the case?

JamesC

RegDawg
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC wrote:

RegDawg,

You said above you use Firefox, have you been able to isolate if you are experiencing this with any other web browser (Chrome, IE etc). I would also be interested in knowing if this occurs on a different PC on the same network, as you say you are not experiencing it on your mobile app. Also you said above it is not affecting recordings, only streams, is this still the case?

JamesC

So it looks like its isolated to Firefox. I tried it on IE and Chrome and was able to view LIVE feed with no issues. Tried it on another PC on the same network and same results. Yes it is not affecting recordings just the LIVE feed with Firefox.

Any idea what it could be with Firefox?

I was experiencing this at work as well so gonna try at work again and let you know.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

W-A-Y out on a limb here but by any chance do you have color management turned on in Firefox?  You can use the following URL to check:

http://ntown.at/2013/12/28/firefox-color-management/

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I use FireFox without issues.... so it must be some sort of setting/add-on/extension/version of windoze/drivers ... many variables.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
RegDawg
Apprentice
Apprentice

jguerdat wrote:

W-A-Y out on a limb here but by any chance do you have color management turned on in Firefox?  You can use the following URL to check:

http://ntown.at/2013/12/28/firefox-color-management/

This didn't work. As the previous poster, I'll try removing extensions/add-ons one by one that I've installed and see if that works.

AnnWarrick
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had the same problem with firefox browser.All four cameras are green screens. I Can snap picture and shows in library fine, but screen is green. When I moved to google chrome, i can view the all four cameras in real time. sounds like interation of firefox and Arlo.

Jo
Tutor
Tutor

It seems every time my firewall and security need to be updated this green screen thing happens.  It will be clear then after about half dozen videos everyting will be green log out for hour or so then it's working again for about half dozen more etc...update and all is well.  Also it happened when I installed windows 10, stopped when I uninstalled.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It certainly could be a W10 issue but I'm using it with no problems. I wonder if it's the specific back end server being accessed since many of these odd issues seem to be not observed here. Or maybe I'm not trying hard enough.

Edit - I should ask what firewall you're using, too.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

type/versions of browser and OS version help too!

Morse is faster than texting!
jimwashere
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could it be a problem with flashplayer?  I got the green screen after I downloaded and updated that.  I only have the problem live camera on firefox, Chrome and Ipad work fine.