Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App Issues & Questions

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
john_d
Aspirant
Aspirant
1) The battery indicator icon is showing 1 bar in my iPhone app and 3/4 full in the Windows application. What is going on?

2) iPad app: The system is showing a system message that I need to enter a verification code via the email system. When I click on the link to email the code, I do not get the email.

3) Is there an Activity Log? I have allowed multiple users to view my cameras and it would be nice to have a log.

4) iPad app: The cameras appear to be disconnected after a set time of 20 seconds. Is this a flaw or an adjustment in the software?

5) Battery Life suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
john_d
Aspirant
Aspirant

One more question:

6)  Why doesn't the audio work? I have tried it on iPad, iPhone, Windows. No luck...

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
  1. Don't know.
  2. Don't know.
  3. No activity log.
  4. Have you checked the rules inside the mode you're using? They can be adjusted up to two minutes of recording per trigger event.
  5. Official battery life is 4-6 months with a usage of 4-minute video footage per day. Or were you asking for alternatives to the regular batteries? Rechargeables are an option. They don't last as long as the single-use batteries, but are cheaper in the long run. Some people have modded their cameras to power them with an AC adapter, either by connecting to the battery springs in the battery compartment or by making use of a hidden USB port, also inside the battery compartment. But it requires drilling holes into the case or lid and sealing the inlet to maintain weather resistance of the case, so it's not everybody's cup of tea.
  6. The Arlo wireless cameras have no sound. Only the Arlo Q does, but that one is for indoor use only.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

john_d,

1. We are currently investigating an issue causing inconsistency with the battery indicator across different clients.

2. This sounds like it could be the confirmation e-mail you get when first registering your system. Once you have everything set up an e-mail is sent to confirm registration and finalize the process. Check your e-mail and make sure you have completed this. (check spam folders to make sure this e-mail wasn't missed due to being marked as spam)

JamesC

john_d
Aspirant
Aspirant
1) The battery indicator icon is showing 1 bar in my iPhone app and 3/4 full in the Windows application. What is going on?

2) iPad app: The system is showing a system message that I need to enter a verification code via the email system. When I click on the link to email the code, I do not get the email.

More from John:  I have already checked the SPAM folder to no avail. The message was not delivered to me.

3) Is there an Activity Log? I have allowed multiple users to view my cameras and it would be nice to have a log.

More from John:  Is this a planned future enhancement?

5) Battery Life suggestions?

Can I add a wired camera to this system. This would be nice for the high traffic areas.

6) How many cameras can I add to this system?

7) Can I add the Q (w/Voice) to my system?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

john_d,

2. Try attaching a screenshot of the message you are seeing on on your ipad so we can investigate this a little further.

3. I don't have any information on this being a future enhancement. I encourage you to visit the Arlo Idea Exchange and post on this topic there.

5. The Arlo Q is a wired camera that can be used on the same account as your existing Wire-Free cameras.

6. On the Basic plan you can have up to 5 cameras, an combination of Wire-free or wired.

7. Yes, the Arlo Q can be added to your existing account providing you have not met the camera limit for your subscription.

JamesC