Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Arloagain
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got an email that VueZone is being discontinued! So am I right in assuming this means your sh__out of luck if you bought Arlo cameras assuming the service would be available for the life of your camer? Is there anything you can do with the Arlo cameras and router now other than use them as paperweights?

Finally, does Arlo expect that users will upgrade their equipment when they've simply abandoned customers and made their equipment useless?

3 REPLIES 3
jsobecki
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also received the same e-mail, after re-reading it I take it as just VueZone cameras will be discontinured and not the Arlo cameras.  We use to have VueZone cameras and recently upgraded to the Arlo ones, hopefully this is what is happening and not the whole comany shutting down!

Arloagain
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm not sure if the Arlo cameras that worked with VueZone will work on the Arlo app or not. The email didn't address this at all.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arloagain wrote:

Just got an email that VueZone is being discontinued! So am I right in assuming this means your sh__out of luck if you bought Arlo cameras assuming the service would be available for the life of your camer? Is there anything you can do with the Arlo cameras and router now other than use them as paperweights?

Finally, does Arlo expect that users will upgrade their equipment when they've simply abandoned customers and made their equipment useless?

It's means VueZone is not longer... Not Arlo.

If you remember, back in the day, VueZone was out and bought up by Netgear.  Over the past 2-3 yrs there were a few offers from Arlo to give VueZone users a discount if they upgraded to Arlo ( I was one of them, at the start of Arlo ).

So , options were given , and if you decided to stay with VueZone, it's no longer.... no diff than an old phone that is discontinued...

BTW, it's tech was good in it's day but by today's standards , poor... it had a good time line.

PS.. vuezone never worked on the Arlo software

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------