Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
MPooh-1
Tutor
Tutor

Does anyone know if the latest Apple IOS 11.1 upgrade affects how I view my cameras on my phone! Sometimes theses updates are not compatable with arlo

15 REPLIES 15
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MPooh-1,

Are you experiencing an issue viewing cameras? What are you seeing that indicates there is a problem?

JamesC

Ipdb644
Tutor
Tutor
App is not connecting to the internet thru mobile network. But works fine on WiFi. Has not worked since New update on iPhone X (10)
Ipdb644
Tutor
Tutor
The last iOS update affected me. Renders my Arlo useless for now.
MPooh-1
Tutor
Tutor
Cameras are working great. But every time there is an IOS update it messes them up and just quit working on my iPhone.
So I just don't do the IOS iPhone updates! I'd rather be able to watch my house/cameras.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ipdb644,

Are you getting an error when attempting to live stream? What are you experiencing that indicates an issue?

Do you see different behavior when using a different device?

JamesC

Ipdb644
Tutor
Tutor
Hey I'm sorry. I actually got it working. I recently upgraded iPhones a d for some reason. It unticked cellular data. As Soon as I rocked it. It worked
Rmaar
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue iPhone Arlo app errors out with not connected to internet when on cellular.
Works fine on WiFi.
Arlo app version 2.4.5.
iPhone version 11.2
Completed network reset
Confirmed cellular data enabled
All other apps connect to internet.
Have uninstalled and reinstalled app
Hard reset on iPhone
Another iPhone connects fine via the app to same base.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rmaar,

If another iPhone is working with the same information, this isolates the issue to that specific iPhone. At what point when using the app do you get the error?

JamesC

Rbroldan0507
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, I just bought an iphone x, and Arlo tech said use a different phone to set up. Cuz they dont have any resolution to the ios updates yet , very convinient for them to say that.  !@#&. Mine cant be set up, so i'm stuck!  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rbroldan0507,

The Arlo mobile app is compatible with the iPhone X. What issue are you experiencing? Can you provide us with some more details?

JamesC

jjtollus
Guide
Guide

The latest version of the app is crashing on my iPhone as well.  I can use it on my iPad but not the phone.  It immediately crashes when you open the app.  I deleted, redownloaded and it works the first time you open the app.  When you go back to open it again, it crashes.  endless loop of crashes.  Update 2.5.1 seems to have an issue, at least with some iPhones.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jjtollus,

What model iOS device do you have and what version of iOS is it running?

JamesC

jjtollus
Guide
Guide

iPhone X running 11.3.1 and Arlo version 2.5.1

owen0507
Tutor
Tutor
I called for tech support, that im not getting sound on d other end of the cam. Arloq, ur supporr tech, asked me to reset to factory setting ang i can now not connect, with inphone x, ur tech support is telling me to use a sifferent phone.
I have to use an old iphone, it connects , but i dont hear sound from the of the cam. Now how do i fix that.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the iOS app was released to the app store. Please make sure you have the latest version installed and let me know if you still experience this issue.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.3 - 7th June 2018

JamesC