Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Videos stored on Base Station are not available

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

80% of the time when I look at the base station library I get the error "Videos stored on Base Station are not available, please check your connection" Then I hit cancel and the videos are there. This is not the end of the world but annoying. I do have direct storage access on in the storage settings app page. Anybody else having this issue? Or a fix.

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Retired_Member

Which version of the Arlo app are you using? Have you tried to remove > Re- Install the Arlo App?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes, many times. Version 3.2.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Retired_Member

Thank you for all your feedback and detailed information.  This is now a known issue and the Arlo development team is currently investigating this. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Thank you

Golftaxat
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I go to review the videos in my library through my iphone, I get an error message that states, "videos stored on Base Station are not available.  I have had my Arlo system since November, and storing videos locally with no access problems until today.  I have no videos showing when I go online via my computer to review my library.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Assuming your on your local network I received that error a few times but it went away. If it persist try rebooting the Hub. If you were away from home do you have VPN or Port forwarding set up? Either way you cant view local storage at all on the web portal though. 

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it? (arlo.com)