Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
anglerjon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I hace 5 standard Arlo cameras. They are all varying distances away from my base station. I have super fast internet and a good dual band router. I have made no changes to anything in my home network nor my Arlo system in months. Lately all of my recorded videos have stuttering, freezing and pixelization in them. Not through the whol thing... but at some point in the video the all or most are doing it. I tried to chat with Arlo and stopped when they started asking me how far the cameras were etc. I knew they were just going to have me reset everything. Again... they recorded fine (besides some I had to replace due to pink tint) for months. This is happening across all the cameras boith near and far. Only thing I can think of is an update somewhere along the line caused this. Anyone one else having this issue? Any ideas on a possible solution?

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@anglerjon

Is it possible to bring one inside close to the base station and test again? Did you move the router or base station around or install something near them lately?

anglerjon
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of the cameras is 5 feet away with a wall between it and the router but still... it is close. Nothing has changed... nothing has been added or removed.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does this pixel/stuttering appear on the mobile app and web portal? What firmware version is the base station & cameras running?

anglerjon
Aspirant
Aspirant

It appears in boith mobile and on PC (identically). Basestation = 1.12.0.0_27099.  Cameras are 1.3.314

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to remove/re-insert the batteries and or remove & re-sync the cameras? It is a little weird it is happening on all the cameras at the same time. we can try this first if you have not performed these steps yet.

anglerjon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I use rechargable batteries and have removed and resynced the cmaeras since this problem started happening.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you previously contacted customer support regarding this issue?