Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
veener79
Luminary
Luminary

Been noticing something now and then and it did again today.  I had someone walk in front of my house and two of my camera's picked up the motion per my App notification (android).  When I checked the app the video of the person walking by my front door was in libary, but video for my garage camarea was not in the Libary.  The weird part was the preview shot (Devices tab) in the app for the garage had the person in the shot.  So I know the camera did record the person walking by.  I have no idea why it is missing from the Libary.  

I have given it about 40min to show up with out luck.  

17 REPLIES 17
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I have noticed strange things too since the recent firmware updates. Some days i get double videos in the library. Same video twice. The man icon lights up orange at random times even while disarmed or not sensing motion. And of course i have rapid battery drain still. Around 10% a day which is nowhere near normal for me
veener79
Luminary
Luminary

Got home and checked my libary on my computer and the videos are also missing.  😞  Wanted to make sure it was just not a App issue.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

veener79,

No videos at all are in your library? If you make a manual recording, do you receive a video in the library?

JamesC

veener79
Luminary
Luminary

On Saturday no videos stayed in my libary for that camera.  But other days all the videos stayed in my libary.  There is not rym or reason for what videos are missing and what are there.  

emt803
Star
Star

I have noticed this same issue 10/3/18. Have you had any resolution? I have noticed that the video is saving to my portable thumb drive but i can't access it from the mobile app or web. I am seeing this on my arlo pro 2 camera

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

emt803,

What issues are you experiencing with your system?

emt803
Star
Star
Reference case# 40569085
Update since i spoke to someone the camera did trigger and record and video did show up in library.
However this is an intermittent issue. It has occurred twice in the past two days. Previously a week ago
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@emt803 wrote:

I have noticed this same issue 10/3/18. Have you had any resolution? I have noticed that the video is saving to my portable thumb drive but i can't access it from the mobile app or web. I am seeing this on my arlo pro 2 camera

You must unmount the drive from the base (be sure to use the Safely Eject selection in the USB section of the base settings) and view the videos on a computer.

emt803
Star
Star

They are missing even with no usb device is inserted 

veener79
Luminary
Luminary

I do not have a USB driver connected to mine and per my first post I am missing videos in my Libary that my notifications noted they recoreded.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

veener79,

Do they show up on the web portal?

emt803
Star
Star

NO,

I have checked my wife's phone and it does the samething

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

emt803,

Is this happening to all your cameras or just one? Is it possible to test one of the cameras and bring it inside close to your base station?

emt803
Star
Star
Just my arlo pro 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

emt803

Is it possible to test one of the cameras and bring it inside close to your base station? If you can test the motion recordings and see if it makes it to the library.

emt803
Star
Star
Yes i have tried it works. Like I said this is an intermittent issue. Done it again today. Done this last night after a pouring rain. This is when someone pulled into my driveway. Before you ask yes I verified night vision was working today when I brought it inside
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it possible that moisture coated the lens so the video was totally blurred? You could try some RainX or similar. You got the video, it's just not useful.