Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice
I saw this has been an issue in the past. My videos are not being uploaded immediately as there is at least a 2hr delay. I reset the Camera last night and it worked after that but 10 hours later and it’s doing it again. Is this a server issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

As previously reported, some customers were experiencing a delay in receiving  push notifications and/or video recordings. Services are now restored, but it may be possible that some videos recorded (between 10am to 12:40pm PST May 25, 2019) may not be viewable in users’ libraries.

We sincerely apologize for this service disruption and want you to know that our team will continue monitoring and actively managing our systems to maintain the best possible performance at all times.

You can check on the latest status of Arlo’s systems anytime by visiting: https://status.arlo.com/

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Bennynocheese
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same issue, though it has been more than 24 hours and I still can’t see the videos from a 9 hour window yesterday. Videos before and after are there.
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice
It turns out my time zone changed to Pacific Time (not by me either) and needed to be changed back to Eastern. This is the 2nd time this changed on it’s own. It’s a bug.
adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo has an outage at least twice a week. This either causes live views delay or fail, no recording to the library, motion detection no longer works... Arlo is a piece of crap now a days. I recommend to look at other Security cameras such as Ring . Ring is owned by Amazon, and the infrastructure is much more stable.. it just works. Everytime I call Arlo support for their outages, they tell me to remove and add back the camera.
adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice
My notifications are still not working from their outage on May 25th... issue is not resolve and notifications on Android still does not work!
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

This has changed bqack to "Pacific Time" 2 times now today. Please fix this bug.

Thanks

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

My motion sensitivity setting is also randomly changing on it's own. I have motion sensitivity set to 100% and and keeps changing to 80%.

adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice
Anyone else having this issue? Reinstalling app does not fix anything....
adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice
Bump .. hello Arlo?
adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo had some kind of ourtage on their service on May 25th... Now my notifications no longer work AGAIN!!! I am on the call with Arlo support and these guys ALWAYS tell me to wither remove the device or remove the battery.. All my 8 cameras notifications are not working. Do I need to do this for all CAMERAS!!!

Arlo is so crap. There is not a week where I don't call Arlo support for some issues.

Get the RING. I promise it will be better. My clients I install the RING, they never call me. Clients who I install these stupid Arlo always call me telling me their cameras does not work, live view lags, and notification stops working.

We need to press charges on these guys for crap products and service

adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo outage on May 25th.. again outage cause notifications to break..

Arlo support tells us to remove batteries... I have my dam cameras mounted high .. why is everytime Arlo has an issue, we need to remove batteries or resync cameras???? ???

adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice
I am with Arlo support for over an hour!!!!!!!!!!! No resolution . Customers like myself are paying top dollar for these cameras to protect our families. Something always stop working... last week was live views, now this week notifications stops working WTFGFFF
adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice
My iPad and android notification stops working at the same time but our iPhone notification is working... why do I need to resync cameras or remove batteries????? It works on one of our iphones.. these guys dont know what they doing.
adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just got off the phone with Level 2 support. This issue is now fixed.... After the outage on May 25th, they had to "resync" something on their cloud backend just now for my Android and Ipad to work getting notifications.. I did not make any changes myself. The engineer was very good but for me to resolve this issue, this was not something I could had done myself. This is what's frustrating when Arlo has outages. They have to "fix" something on their side to resolve your problem. In my case, notifications were not working on my Ipad and Android devices although it was working on my iphone.. now all three devices were working without myself doing anything besides waiting on the phone with support for over 1.5 hours..

I will no longer recommend my clients or anyone I know to buy Arlo's. This company if not change will go down the drain. I see a bright future for RING but not Arlo.. stock is going down anyways and I am not suprised!

adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just got off the phone with Level 2 support. This issue is now fixed.... After the outage on May 25th, they had to "resync" something on their cloud backend just now for my Android and Ipad to work getting notifications.. I did not make any changes myself. The engineer was very good but for me to resolve this issue, this was not something I could had done myself. This is what's frustrating when Arlo has outages. They have to "fix" something on their side to resolve your problem. In my case, notifications were not working on my Ipad and Android devices although it was working on my iphone.. now all three devices were working without myself doing anything besides waiting on the phone with support for over 1.5 hours..

I will no longer recommend my clients or anyone I know to buy Arlo's. This company if not change will go down the drain. I see a bright future for RING but not Arlo.. stock is going down anyways and I am not suprised!

brh
Master
Master

Usually simply doing a power cycle solves a lot of these wierd problems. I always power cycle all my base stations after any firmware update. I had the same problems and it freaked me out, but I power cycled the base stations and soon thereafter the problems were solved. Firmware/software bugs is a whole 'nother story.

Brian

adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice

Rebooting the base station didn't work for me and it never did for anything. Below are the three things L1 engineers tells every customer to do as the last resort before escalation to L2 or L3

1. Reboot the base station from the app.

2. Power down the base station by pulling the power cable for 2 minutes

3. Remove the battery of the camera to reboot the camera

4. Remove one of the cameras and add it back in.

If the above does not resolve your issue, then they will escalate to L2/L3. 

adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice

Request timeout AGAIN on LIVE VIEW, no more notifications, not recording anything!!!!!!!!!!! DAMMIT

What is going on here with Arlo again again again.... we fix something yesterday and now multiple things are not working again................... do you have an outage again Arlo!!!?????

We need to take some legal action on Arlo/Netgear services. Our families cannot be protected by this. 

I am not in queue for support 10th in line..... I bet multuple customers are having the same bad experience

stupid_arlo.PNG

adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice
I cant even restart my base station now..
adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice
Issue got resolved lastnight for me without me making any changes... Again arlo takes hours and days to fix our cameras which we pay top $$$ for. What a waste of money
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

As previously reported, some customers were experiencing a delay in receiving  push notifications and/or video recordings. Services are now restored, but it may be possible that some videos recorded (between 10am to 12:40pm PST May 25, 2019) may not be viewable in users’ libraries.

We sincerely apologize for this service disruption and want you to know that our team will continue monitoring and actively managing our systems to maintain the best possible performance at all times.

You can check on the latest status of Arlo’s systems anytime by visiting: https://status.arlo.com/