Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
B2U
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had total blackout of one camera within the first 90 days and it was replaced.  Within just a couple of weeks I had a problem with the replacement camera randomly producing videos that started out with a blackened image.  I thought it was just a fluke so I let it go for a few months and now it is happening on a regular basis.  I contacted tech support through chat and they rudely disconnected without directing me anywhere else or offering any tips. The chat tech's name was "Melody B."  After experiencing technical problems immediately after purchasing this Arlo system, ridiculously long wait times for support, issues with the app, expensive replacement batteries, recurrent technical problems just outside of the 90 day help period and lousy customer service today, I am NOT LIKELY TO PURCHASE ANY NETGEAR PRODUCTS AGAIN IN THE FUTURE!  Thanks, Netgear!

2 REPLIES 2
B2U
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was unable to find any help in "Ask community" for this problem.  If anyone can offer any help, I would appreciate it.  Sure seems like Netgear should offer support for their replacement parts outside of the initial warranty period.  Otherwise, they are probably just passing returned/defective gear onto customers whose warranty periods are ending so they can sell their tech services.

duqu
Guide
Guide
try resetting the base, removing then resynching the cameras (in the app or browser).

check the base and camera firmware version. if it needs an update that should happen overnight now that you've reset the system.

outside of that I have no other suggestions but I do wish you good luck!!