Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video close option is missing

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
1017lm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why do I no longer have the "close" option when I view a video in my library?

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@1017lm wrote:

Why do I no longer have the "close" option when I view a video in my library?

I think it's a rendering bug.  If you click in the area it used to be shown, you'll find that the video does close.  So the graphic has just gone invisible.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @1017lm

Are you still experiencing this issue with closing a video? I was not able to replicate this as described. I tested with an iPhone & Note 9.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ShayneS wrote:

Hi @1017lm

Are you still experiencing this issue with closing a video? I was not able to replicate this as described. I tested with an iPhone & Note 9.

Try the web client with Chrome.  Click on any recording in the video library.  There used to be a "close" control on upper right of the video.  That is no longer shown.  But if you click around in that area you'll find the video still closes.

BTW, I don't think the browser matters.  Chrome is just what I usually use.

RustyBolts
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue on Chrome - the Close option used to be visible on the top right-hand corner of the video but now it has gone missing. It's annoying me.

RustyBolts
Aspirant
Aspirant

Actually, I have found (on Chrome, at least) that clicking  anywhere outside of the video area will cause the window to close and revert back to the previous screen.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RustyBolts wrote:

Actually, I have found (on Chrome, at least) that clicking  anywhere outside of the video area will cause the window to close and revert back to the previous screen.

Yes, I'm seeing that too.  But that seems to be new - yesterday I had to click where the close label used to be shown.

This is better, but I think it'd be a bit more user-friendly if they put back the explicit close.  People shouldn't have to guess.