Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nuts4mccoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good Morning! We have had our four cameras for a little over a year now and love them.  We only use them during the night and when we go on vacation.  The batteries in each last 3-4 months.  We were getting ready to go on vacation and received a message that one camera battery was low.  We charged all 4 cameras  on 8/16 and 8/17 (one was still at 50%) and put them back out.  While we were on vacation, on 8/20, we got a message that one camera battery was low.  By the next day, all four (even that one that was at 50% PRIOR to charging) were either low or dead.  We returned home on Sunday and recharged the batteries on all four.  At first we thought maybe we didn't actually have the charger plugged into the wall because how could all four die at the same time right after charging.  So we made sure we got the blue light and when we checked them on the app, they said 100%.  That was on the 25th.  Yesterday, the 26th, we got a message saying that one battery was running low and this morning they all are.  I came to this site to see if others were having a problem and found lots of messages that after the "update" their batteries are draining extremely fast.  So I checked when ours was updated.  We have version 2.7.4, updated on 8/15/19.  So, I'm pretty sure this has everything to do with the update. I've read through a ton of threads saying it was because of the updated, but I haven't found anyone that had solutions.  So just say after a few times of recharging the batteries, it seems to be working.  I don't have weeks to recharge and see if that works or to figure this out as we are coming out of town soon.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nuts4mccoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im not sure what happened, but something fixed it.  Don't think it was anything we did.  We just charged the batteries again and now they are acting normal.  Thank you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey nuts4mccoy,

Have you tried rebooting your Base Station to see if that helps with your battery? 

nuts4mccoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion.  Yes, we have rebooted it and it didn't change anything.  I had one camera fully charged and took it off the charger this morning.  Three hours later, it is down to 84%.  Any other ideas?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Are you using a custom mode or scheduled mode? If so, try to re-create the custom/schedule mode to see if that helps. 

nuts4mccoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im not sure what happened, but something fixed it.  Don't think it was anything we did.  We just charged the batteries again and now they are acting normal.  Thank you.