Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jonnymac
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a four camera Arlo system a couple months ago after a hit and run in our driveway damaged my wife's car.  I set it up and everything was fine for a while.  Internet connection is good, batteries are good.....all of a sudden it stopped working tonight.  When I go on my cell phone or PC to and enter the mode setting it searches and says the system is offline.  Tried restarting without much luck.  I can get a live feed on the cameras so I know they're connected, but motion sensors are not working and no recording is happening.  One minute tonight they were working and the next they weren't. Need some advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonnymac
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did that already.....wasn't helpling last night, but this morning the system seems to be operating normally.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Restart the system

Jonnymac
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you mean restart the system by turning it off and unplugging or do you mean by using the reset button on the back of the unit?  Is there any downside to losing the serial number when you reset the base unit?  I've read that you will no longer have a serial number for your base unit when you reset it.

Thanks

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Always do the least hurtful and easiest first... In this case it's the power button/unplug to reboot the base unit

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Jonnymac
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did that already.....wasn't helpling last night, but this morning the system seems to be operating normally.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Seems like there may have been server issues at the far end...  some other threads mention it

Morse is faster than texting!