Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMS3430-100NAS will not stop turning on recording and record lag is too much

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FedUp2
Tutor
Tutor

I can not fathom that at this stage I can still not figure out why this 4 camera system refuses to work properly? I have read many post and then some and because of that never contacted customer service afraid of wasting more time. I suppose to say that 50% of the features are working would not be to far from the truth. However it is the other have that does not seem to work properly that kills everything. I have turned camera (s) upside down and sideways,made little visors for the motion sensor crop the field of view and then some, yet nothing goes into the record mode until whatever triggered it to turn is way over with. I can back my car onto driveway get out grab the groceries and enter the house before anything records. It will sometimes catch my back entering house. The newest issue starting yesterday is that the notifications are driving me nuts. There are several per minute and when we (at 2 other locations) check there is of course nothing to see. So  it turns out I can set the sensitivity on the motion to the smallest number and point the cameras to a wall only inches away, double check and make sure no shadows or anything else will trigger the camera and oh all is well until I return all my tools and ladders to where they belong and think I may have just finally got this. Wishful thinking I believe is what that's called. I understand any one who is reading this might have flashbacks of working on there own system so thanks for your patience and if you did get yours to work congratulation's. We all just have real money tied up in these systems enough so we don't want to give up, I am so glad my wireless alarm system and it's motion sensors work so well. If by chance there is one more thing to try let me know I can always try again for now I will just use these for the live stream capability if my alarm notifies me.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

FedUp2,

It can take some trial and error to find the best location for your Arlo Wire-free cameras. There are a few conditions that can cause motion detection delay. I encourage you to take a look at this article and be sure you have eliminated these conditions: How do I optimize my Arlo Wire-Free camera’s motion detection performance?

JamesC

FedUp2
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for your help I have however tried all that is suggested and have exhausted all the ideas I've ran across and am going to trash this method and just go with a wired system.