Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Error Code 4001

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JustMyself
Aspirant
Aspirant
I turned one of my cameras function to "do not record" if motion is detected last evening. Today when I try to turn it back on to "record video" if motion is detected I just keep getting the error code 4001 and that it can not be updated. This needs a FIX in the app. I am out of town and primarily use the app to work with the Arlo settings and do not have access to a computer.

Also, when I tried to email support it does not work either.
5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JustMyself,

Are you using a default mode (Armed) or a custom mode?

You could try a remote reboot of the base station by navigating to Settings > My Devices > select your base station > Restart.

Are you still experiencing this issue?

JamesC

Lerolero98
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue and I Restarted and I still have the issue.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lerolero98,

Consider a reboot of the base station (using the on-off button on the back) and a reboot of the affected camera (open and close the battery compartment door). Allow the base station to come back online with a solid green power and internet LED.

Are you still seeing this behavior?

JamesC

bmattox79
Apprentice
Apprentice
JamesC
It seems a lot of problems have popped up today, my system will no longer record on a custome mode, I have it set so if one camera detects motion that camera and 2 others will record. 3 out of 4 cameras work this way and have been flawless in the 2 weeks I have had the system, but sometime early today it stopped only the camera that detects motion will record and my one camera won't record at all in that custom mode. As if now the system is useless to me
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bmattox79,

Do your cameras behave correctly when using the default "Armed" mode?

Check your custom mode to make sure all rules within are correct. You might also considering recreating your custom mode from scratch and rebooting your Arlo base station (using the on-off button on the back) to further isolate the issue.

JamesC