Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMS3330W base not connecting to the internet

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Nitestorm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just purchased the Arlo 3 wire-free cameras. The base did not connect to the internet. I followed all the instructions.  I even called tech support.  I was told to box it up and return it for another one.  after  2 hours, I exchanged it for another one and still cannot get my base to connect to the internet. switched Cat 5 wires, they all work with the other components.  Returning for a full refund and trying another product.  I even opened up my router via online log-in and no issues there.  There is no on/off switch on the base. just a sync and a reset pinhole. Tried that too and did not work. I researched for 4 hours via Arlo website and troubleshooting info. Such a shame, it looked like a good product.  Off to another brand.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nitestorm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally got it to work.  The issue is that our internet provider uses Proxies.  I logged into the router and change the proxy info.  A big thanks to my IT person who helped me.  So after so many days of troubleshooting, it seems that the issue is the internet provider.  So before you get frustrated, i suggest you talk to your provider and let them know.  If you can log into your router, its even better.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We probably could have helped but too late. Good luck.

Nitestorm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not had the time to take it back. Do you think you can still assist?  I even tried contacting my internet provider with no luck.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Nitestorm,

What LED lights are showing on your Base Station?

Wdhyatt
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same issue. The only light that is green is the top light. The middle and bottom light both remain orange. I have followed every step multiple times. Called my internet provider with no help.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Until the Internet LED goes green, nothing will work. The base is connected to the router but not to the servers. If the ISP owns the router they are the ones that have to fix it. If you own the router, we may be able to help.

Nitestorm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am currently in contact with my provider.  My brother in law just purchased the same ones and he lives in a nearby town and the same issue.  I am upgrading my router to see if that helps.  If not, its back to the drawing board with the provider.

Nitestorm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do have online access to the router.  Is it possible to change some settings?  I am IT savvy but not a pro.  I tried logging in and viewing some parameters but not sure what could help.  the Modem/Router is a 4 port SURFboard SBG6580

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's hard to say but download the manual and check out settings starting on page 54. It has nothing to do with wireless since the base connects via Ethernet. Look at IP, MAC and port filtering to see if anything is set. If so, turn it off unless you know of a specific reason not to. You could also see if you can read the router logs, looking for something that relates to the base MAC address (maybe reboot the base to force attempts to connect). 

A slim chance that might help would be to reboot the modem/router and base, in that order.

Wdhyatt
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been on the phone for 4 hours. No one can seem to help. I have even checked ports 80 and 443. Still can’t seem to have any luck getting it to connect to the internet. I have another device hooked directly into the modem and it works perfect. It’s not the internet or ISP. Out of options at this point.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just because other devices work doesn't rule anything out. The ISP has been an issue in the past and they can eventually figure it out. Who is the ISP?

Nitestorm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally got it to work.  The issue is that our internet provider uses Proxies.  I logged into the router and change the proxy info.  A big thanks to my IT person who helped me.  So after so many days of troubleshooting, it seems that the issue is the internet provider.  So before you get frustrated, i suggest you talk to your provider and let them know.  If you can log into your router, its even better.