Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Library recording every 3-5 minutes

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
kjrst9
Guide
Guide

Starting today (this was not a problem even yestserday) the Arlo at the front of my house is recording "movement" every 3-5 minutes.  I am fortunately not getting notifications as the movement is not in my Arlo Smart Activity Zones.  I've reviewed numerous of the videos and some have no movement whatsoever (so I guess camera is suddenly ultra-sensitive?), others do in the far background. 

My concern is the battery power that this is using up.  Any idea why this would have suddenly started happening?

5 REPLIES 5
BellaR
Tutor
Tutor

I've had the same issue with my Arlo Pro 2 camera which is by my front door!  It goes off all the time and there is nothing there. So frustrating! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the base and opened and closed the battery door on the camera? Have you reduced motion sensitivity in your modes and rules? Is your camera pointed so that the street or other relatively busy location is in sight? Post a screenshot for suggestions.

OkieLand
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am just trying to get my Arlo ( base model ) set up to work with my ViaSat internet.\

it worked fine with my old DSL connection, which was only good half the time.

but on the Satellite, I am having troubles it seems....

also I at the same time, moved one camera to the driveway, and it must be seeing the traffic on the highway 300 feet away.... it has completely exhausted the battery pack....

and this is only after about 4 hours of testing......

I had hopes the batteries would last much longer, I wanted it to watch my home while gone for 4 weeks.... seems Arlo stuff is junk... should have known cheap gets you nothing.

kjrst9
Guide
Guide

I have not opened the battery door for the camera.  I will do that tonight.  This is likely not an issue with the base, as only one camera is affected.

It's a city street, but the Arlo Smart Activity Zone is set to capture only the stoop.  Until 2 days ago this was effective.  For months, I would have between 12 and 20 recordings a day.  (Far more than a rural camera would capture, but reasonable.)  In the past 6 hours I've had 134 recordings.  The area in the Activity Zone shows no activity, and the area outside of the Activity Zone usually shows no acitivity but occasionally does capture a pedestrian.

What is perplexing me is that no changes were made to the Zones and the camera was not moved in about a month, so why would this start up?

kjrst9
Guide
Guide