Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMC3030 Drains batteries

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Aj67
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have two VMC30303, One is H11 and one is H7. Both are on FW 1.2.16720, Connected to VMB4000r3. Using Tenergy Rechargeable CR123's. Have tested both sets of batteries, swapping them with the garage camera and even using regular batteries. No matter which I use the H7 camera kills the batteries in 2 - 3 days. I've opened a ticket and nothing was resolved. These cameras are out of warranty. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or am I just SOL on this one camera and need to purhcase a new one.

Thanks,

Aj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yeah, if out of warranty, you're SOL. Consider buying a single Pro camera to replace. There's a sticky at the top of the Pro forum for refurbished Pro cameras to lower the cost. The Pro has many advantages over the originals.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Exclusive-offer-to-Arlo-owners-Arlo-Pro-Refurbished-Camera...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you swapped cameras to see if the problem stays with the camera or location?

Aj67
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had them here on my benchtop doing testing pointing the wall for about two weeks, differant scenarios,  same results with the same"bad" camera, my garage camera the good working one had regular batteries in there going on 4.5 months, Took those out. put them in the one that eats batteries and in two days they were dead . I have tenergy ones in the Garage camera, put them in with a full charge, two weeks ago and it's back on it's mount outside, batteries are still showing 97%

Thanks,

Aj

brh
Master
Master

@Aj67

It could be that the bad camera is defective. Are they both setup exactly the same way? Is the Night Vision on or off? When you walk in front of them, do the red IR LEDs light up?

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Once satisfied with your tests, open a case with support here to exercise your warranty.

Aj67
Aspirant
Aspirant

That's the thing, cameras are out of warranty, purchased back in 2016, I have a ticket open, they couldnt resolve anything I guess I'm just SOL and need to buy a new one. Yes the cameras are setup exactly the same way. Weird this is that they were both fucntioning fine. this one just decided to go south about 2 months ago ... 

Thanks,

Aj

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yeah, if out of warranty, you're SOL. Consider buying a single Pro camera to replace. There's a sticky at the top of the Pro forum for refurbished Pro cameras to lower the cost. The Pro has many advantages over the originals.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Exclusive-offer-to-Arlo-owners-Arlo-Pro-Refurbished-Camera...

brh
Master
Master

Just a word of caution here:

Firstly, I ordered one of these and it was defective'

Secondly. My credit card was fraudulently used in Sacramento California shortly after the order. This is the only order that I have made where the package originated from California. While there are many ways credit card info can be stolen, I am wondering if this was a coincidence or not. I am not blaming any company and I have no proof that the two things are related, but as I said, be careful.

Brian