Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
fw98
Follower
Follower

Hello Arlo Moderators:

I am happy to see that "Users who currently have 7-day storage service will continue to receive that service uninterrupted."

At the end of Matthew McRae's tweets on 2/10 he also stated that "Arlo will continue to honor the special offers sent out via email and extend those offers until the end of June."

So my question is as follows:

I  currently have 5 arlo pros (4030) using the 7 day free storage service.  If I take advantage of the offer to upgrade one of my working cameras by replacing one of the 4030s with a new camera, will I now have to sign up for the subscription service? I plan to stay at 5 for less total cameras.

Or, will the 7 day free storage service remain so long as I still have one 4030 active and am using no more than 5 cameras?

Obviously, I am looking to continue to use the 7 day storage service as it has worked well for me, but if adding/swapping out one of the 4030s with a new one will pull me out of the free storage service then I will continue with what I have.

Thank you for your assistance.

1 REPLY 1
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Historically any arlo camera model after the pro2 camera required a subscription plan to have cloud storage.

If you are talking up the special EOL offer then any newer camera would still require a paid subscription plan going forward.